Wednesday, February 17, 2010

India Now

Hello friends!

As many of you know, I am currently travelling around India for the first time in twenty years, and since I can't talk to each of you in person, I thought I'd put my experiences into a blog so that you can travel India with me and see through my eyes...

I was born in Bombay, India, now known as Mumbai, but immigrated to Canada with my family when I was only a year old. Even though we maintain much of our Indian culture in Canada, I have always felt a longing or nostalgia each time I read a book by Rohington Mistry, or Anita Rau Badami, or after seeing a documentary or bollywood film based on India. I've been back twice as a child, the last time being at the age of seven and have a few vague memories, but now almost two decades later, I am back in a New India, not resembling the place I remember from my childhood...

I will be travelling to six different places around the country in the next four weeks, which are so different from each other in their language, scenery, climate and culture and invite you to experience them with me....

No comments:

Post a Comment