The street of Delhi and Agra are covered with Christmas lights and are alive with music and people! This weekend is the festival of Holi, I think something to do with the Hindu god Krishna, and people and dogs everywhere have been what I call "Holied" which means covered or doused with bright coloured powders, neon purples, pinks, reds and greens...Holi is also known for Bhang, a Hallucenigenic drink, which makes the whole festival even more intense, but I haven't seen anyone offering it publicly!
I visited Agra and the famous Taj Mahal a few days ago, and it is one beautiful place! Its like an architectural supermodel, who looks good to matter what angle you photograph her from! Agra too was crazy because of the festival and it took longer than usual to get there...But it was great to see the historical forts and monuments, now UNESCO world heritage sites...
I have just left Delhi to go to Heaven on Earth, or rather Darjeeling, a small hill station in the Himalayas....Its about 2150m above sea level, which isn't that high compared to other places I've visited such as La Paz, but its breath takingly beautiful....My pics won't do this place justice because there is alot of fog around...which also means that my trip to see the sun rise over Mount Kachenjunga may not happen either, which sucks, but I am praying that this fog will go away!
I really wish everyone could experience this place, there is something so spiritual, or heavenly about the mountains, but then at the same time, Darjeeling is losing alot of its beauty because of tourism, traffic, pollution from cars and people...
The trek up here was a 3.5 hour car ride that had me on my toes thinking that I could fall off of the steep dirt roads, you really have to have faith when you're on a trip like this! But I would do it every day to breathe this fresh cold crisp air....I've suddenly just jumped climates from 28 degrees at the base of the mountain, to around 10 degrees....
The place we are staying at has no heat, but the owners light a fire for us every night in our room, which gives a cosy cabin feeling...
The people here are largely Tibetan/Nepalese mixed with Indian and are very beautiful and have different features from other Indians I've seen...but they all speak Hindi thanks to Bollywood!
Okay, that's it for now, I think this internet cafe has fleas cause I feel like I'm being eaten alive here!
I visited Agra and the famous Taj Mahal a few days ago, and it is one beautiful place! Its like an architectural supermodel, who looks good to matter what angle you photograph her from! Agra too was crazy because of the festival and it took longer than usual to get there...But it was great to see the historical forts and monuments, now UNESCO world heritage sites...
I have just left Delhi to go to Heaven on Earth, or rather Darjeeling, a small hill station in the Himalayas....Its about 2150m above sea level, which isn't that high compared to other places I've visited such as La Paz, but its breath takingly beautiful....My pics won't do this place justice because there is alot of fog around...which also means that my trip to see the sun rise over Mount Kachenjunga may not happen either, which sucks, but I am praying that this fog will go away!
I really wish everyone could experience this place, there is something so spiritual, or heavenly about the mountains, but then at the same time, Darjeeling is losing alot of its beauty because of tourism, traffic, pollution from cars and people...
The trek up here was a 3.5 hour car ride that had me on my toes thinking that I could fall off of the steep dirt roads, you really have to have faith when you're on a trip like this! But I would do it every day to breathe this fresh cold crisp air....I've suddenly just jumped climates from 28 degrees at the base of the mountain, to around 10 degrees....
The place we are staying at has no heat, but the owners light a fire for us every night in our room, which gives a cosy cabin feeling...
The people here are largely Tibetan/Nepalese mixed with Indian and are very beautiful and have different features from other Indians I've seen...but they all speak Hindi thanks to Bollywood!
Okay, that's it for now, I think this internet cafe has fleas cause I feel like I'm being eaten alive here!
No comments:
Post a Comment