Wednesday, March 3, 2010

A Little Heaven on Earth




I have just spent the last 4 days in Darjeeling, a hill station in the himalayas in northern India, and I am convinced that this place is a small piece of Heaven on Earth!
This morning, I woke up at 4:30am to go a top of a place called Tiger Hill to see the sunrise...and it was beautiful...we could see the tips of Mount Kachenjunga, the third highest mountain in the world, and we could see how the first rays of sunlight illuminated the snow caps of the mountain range...I took a few pics, but they cannot do justice to what I was seeing, so I eventually had to put down my camera and just take it in with my eyes...
I also visited another local mountain town in the next province of Sikkim, a place called Gangtok, but in my opinion, it didn't hold a candle to the charm and the history and the people of Darjeeling...
Tomorrow I'm flying to Kolkata for the last part of my trip...my month here has just flown by but I am looking forward to returning home to Canada!


No comments:

Post a Comment